Another super simple stick skill drill to practice passing and catching with your beginning players to maximize reps and touches, plus get in some conditioning work at the same time!
Skill Level: Basic-Intermediate
Skills Used: Passing, Catching, Scooping
Number of Players: Groups of 4
Time: 8-10 Minutes
Figure 1.) Start your players in lines 20-40 yards apart. Use shorter distances for younger players, longer distances for older and more advanced players. Groups of 4 will give all your players more touches with the ball.
Start two players from each group in the middle with a ball. Make sure you have back-up balls at each end of the line for each group to keep the drill moving.
- Keep the drill moving! Keep back-up balls at each group to give all your players maximum reps and maximum touches with the ball during the drill.
- Keep time for all your drills and games! Time all your practice drills to match your players' age and attention span.
- Keep score to inject some intensity into your practice! Create competitiveness in your players by counting which group can get the most passes and catches in each 1-2 minute cycle!
RELATED PRACTICE DRILLS:
- Pendulum Passing & Catching Drill: Use this simple version with one man in the middle.
- College 3-Man Ground Ball Drills & Variations: Use these simple ground ball drills from top college coaches in the same groups of 3!
- Figure 8 Passing & Catching Drills: Use this great stick skill drill to give your players lots of reps and TONS of conditioning, also in groups of 3!
- 9 Triangle Passing & Catching Drills: Tons of variations on this classic stick skill practice drill that coaches all over have been using for decades!